So when you asked me to replace mama
and papa for your school's parents-student
workshop the other night because they didn't
wanna go, I said I would. And I did.
I understand the feeling you get when all your
friends tell you that that their parents are gonna
attend say, parent-teacher meeting or sports day
or just some event that you wished with your whole
heart that they would attend just so that you feel
important or special, just like all the other kids...
But they never did...Because when I was your age,
I felt the same too...So the least I could do was to
show you that I actually do care for you and love you
so much, although I may not show that to you so often,
by being there that night...Just for you. Because I know,
my presence meant a lot to you.
You may think that mama and papa didn't wanna go
because they just can't be bothered or just too busy
with work that they think that work is more important
then attending school events...When I was your age,
I thought that way too...But as I get older, I realized
that I shouldn't have such thoughts because back
then I didn't realize how much sacrifices that they had
to make, I didn't realize how much effort they have put
in, I didn't realize how hard it was for them to raise us
and provide us with everything they could possibly give.
But now I see it.
Not only do I see it...I feel it too.
The effort, the pain, the sacrifices, the love, the tears...
And I know that all they ever wanted is nothing but the best for us.
And I just want you to know that I believe deep down in my heart
that you are really good at something you maybe just haven't discovered.
So please...Don't give up.
Anyways...
I know you love me too despite our daily catfights.
:P
No comments:
Post a Comment