Saturday, April 4, 2009

BAM!IN MY FACE!

So yesterday was a mix of stress and sweet surprises at work.
There I was cramping my way to work and the whole time at
work cos it was the first day of my period and I tell you, I wasn't
in my bestest of mood that day.Plus on top of that, I had to dissect
a few samples of dissected larva brains and mount it on the slides
for confocal microscopy.It took me like almost a freaking hour just to
complete one set of brains and I had three sets and my mentor was
kinda pressing me to complete it ASAP cos we are already late for
our microscope session.OK,So then I finally managed to finish it
and so we went down to the confocal room to check out the sample lah,
But the thing is I/we(Charlene and I) aren't really experts at handling that
freaking machine so it was another rough few hours for me...At that moment,
I felt like walking out the room and cry man! Seriously! See...It's

amazing how hormone fluctuation is able to severely affect how you feel!
Plus you guys know I'm not usually like that...Right
Charlene? That was the first time I ever felt so negative and pessimistic.

Ok that aside...
So after lunch, I felt a little better cos I was able to breathe like finally.
And Charlene and I laughed like mad along the silent and boring corridor
of Level 4 labs...HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAH!
Funny right?!Seriously!

So I went back to work feeling a little better and Roy came into the
fly room where I was picking my virgins asking for my USB cable...
So I went to my office to get it for him...And when I was searching
for it in my bag...JENG!JENG!JENG!

Surprise #1:
I saw a blue envelope with my name on it and "Happy Birthday!
May All Your Wishes Come True.-Charlene" And guess what was in the
envelope?! Freaking PINC vouchers lahhhhh!Aww...That's so sweet right?
Thanks Charlene.I NEVER EXPECTED THAT MAN!

Surprise #2:
Back to the fly room, I was collecting my virgins as usual.Then Roy and Jimmy
came in with a delivery box and turned to me and said...Raini!What did you
order? Then I was like...Harrrr?I did not order anything what.But actually I kinda
knew that it was my birthday pressie from Roy and Jimmy but I NEVER EXPECTED
IT AS WELL!OK...Cut the story short. And so I opened it but before I could even do
that, they told me that I never know what's inside the box so they told me to wear gloves.
AND I DID! When I opened the box, the first thing I saw was a Birthday A4 poster with
a photo of me "advertising" a huge bottle of dead flies!Lol! And hidden deeper in the box
was my pressie!!!Guess what's inside? JELLY OF COURSE!All the different kinds of
jelly candies! I find that really funny.Aww...those boys are so sweet lar. But sadly, they
are leaving in less than 2 weeks.And the labs will be boring again.Oh! And the whole time,
my mentor was there party-ing with us!But still I CANT BELIEVE I ACTUALLY LISTENED

TO THEM AND WORE GLOVES!!!

So to sum it up,
my day wasn't so bad after all!

Driving was fun too!I did the last thing left in the circuit,
The Slope!Yay!Vertical parking was kinda easy.I mean, WITH THE POLES!

YAY!OK BYE!GOTTA WASH UP AND GO TO WORK!
Pictures later!

No comments: