And so I shall declare myself as
single and ready to mingle.
I'd be lying if i were to say that I didn't see this coming.
Cos I knew that it would,
the only question was when.
I chose to hope that the day wouldn't have to come
cos I was hoping that my first love would last.
But unfortunately, it didn't.
Maybe we lost the spark.
Maybe a third party.
Maybe to start off with,
we built our relationship on the wrong foundation
and its ought to collapse in just a matter of time.
Or maybe it's just not meant to be.
I don't know.
There are a thousand and one reasons to it.
You told me some...
Others you might deny
But all I know is that once upon a time,
I did put my heart and soul, body and mind into it.
But all that's left to it are just memories, pictures and stuff...
I don't hate you for what happened...
I just hated the fact that I tried my best to make it work,
while you just sat back and assume that it couldn't work.
Little did I see you fight for it,
maybe in the first place I wasn't any special or
maybe even wasn't at all worth it.
I didn't want it to end the way it did,
as a matter of fact, I didn't want it to even end.
25th was once a special day,
now all it is, is no more than an ordinary day.
I may seem clingy still,
but that's only because it happened all to fast.
And I may not turn into some crazy psychotic ex-girlfriend,
but trust me you, it hurts when I realise that
there's no more us to you and me.
So on this day,
I may have lost you,
but I've re-gained my independence as a woman.
I'm sensible enough to realise that it's not the end of the world,
I'm mature enough to realise that there's
other sweeter things that life itself has to offer.
And I'm definitely gonna stand back up,
move on and make the most out of the rest of my life.
Thank you for the life lessons that I wouldn't have
learnt if it wasn't for you.
And if it's not meant to be,
it's not meant to be.
It's true what they say...
"It's better to have love and lost, than never to have loved at all."
So there you go friends, visitors, people and the whole wide world,
My boyfriend and I broke up,
and all he is to me from today onwards
is nothing more than an EX-BOYFRIEND.
I could only wish you were still mine.
But don't worry...
I'll be fine.
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment