Saturday, September 8, 2007

IMAGINATION


Went for a seminar earlier. Got DRAGGED by my cousin. Didn't know what it was all about till i actually reached he place. Wasn't really looking forward to it. Thought it was gonna be some same old boring talk just like those I've been to before.

So, we reached the place just in time before the talk started. Settled down. Then a guy who was the talk facilitator i guess, started introducing us about what we are going to expect later on and what the talk is about. It was actually about IMAGINATION. We were were told to stand up. So we did. And guess what? All of us had to sing this song called ' I had a dream'. I find it ridiculous la...Then the facilitator said 'Please be STANDED up for a little while longer'. I was bursting with laughter. Not out loud la...It would be inappropriate if i were to do that. We were told to say ' I AM HAPPY! I AM HEALTHY! I AM WEALTHY! ', with full of enthusiasm. The facilitator was so freaking enthusiastic but the audience wasn't. So he said that we will not sit until he hears our enthusiasm. Therefore with sarcastic enthusiasm, i said ' I AM HAPPY! I AM HEALTHY! I AM WEALTHY!'. Ridiculous? Yeah, i agree.

The talk lasted like from 7pm to 10pm. It wasn't just all talk. We were involved in some hands on activities too. Like how to make a BIG loop with an A4 paper..blah blah blah..All that supposedly related to one's IMAGINATION. There were 2 speakers one Chinese Malaysian lady the other was an old Thai man who apparently is a Physicist if I'm not wrong. The whole talk about IMAGINATION wasn't really boring la..We were given pencils and pens and papers, so i did a lot of scribblings to entertain myself during the boring parts.

My cousin was sitting next to this man whom i find a little weird. This is why. We were scribbling notes n stuff on the paper and that man kept looking at our paper and he was scribbling away on his paper after looking at ours. COPYCAT! I was like, Relax la. Not as if we're having lecture or anything like that. And besides that he kept asking us questions during the activity sessions. Questions like ' How to cut?' , ' Then do what?' blah blah blah.... My cousin being a kind soul, helped him out. Thank god i wasn't sitting next to him. I would be annoyed.

Then there was this old Malay makcik whom i spoke to during the break. She went on and on about the fact that her children, grandchildren and friends didn't want to accompany her to the seminar la, about her not wanting to babysit her grandchildren because she said that she wants to pursue her interest which she couldn't before as she was busy raising her own children.........She said a lot of other things also but i just couldn't get what she was trying to say.

By the way one of the event organizer went up to me and asked me how did i find out about the talk and he asked 'Are you from Berita Harian?' Then i answered, 'No my cousin dragged me here'. Then i gave him a wide smile.

Overall, i thought that it wasn't such a bad talk after all. I was even inspired to start reading books now. Not all those fiction books la. I'm inspired to read self help books. But i think this feeling isn't going to last long. According to a Malay proverb " Hangat-hangat tahi ayam".

KNOWLEDGE VS IMAGINATION

Think about it.

No comments: