Thursday, September 27, 2007

Randomness again and again

I realised that within this period of the fasting month i lost track of how many neighbours i happen to see around my HDB estate ask me the same question.'Where have you been?', 'I haven't seen you for a while.', 'Long time never see you'......

I will then smile politely and say, 'Been going to school......', or ' Haven't been going out during the fasting month'....And smile again and make a polite exit...

I don't know if it is coincidental or what la....But all the neighbours who asked that question are male neighbours...Unfortunately most of them are either married or or too old for me to be interested in or just plain attached.....haha

I think the explanation for why only male neighbours ask me that question should be because they are the ones who goes out to work and spend most of the outside home, where they are most unlikely to bump into me. See...logical explanation...On the other hand, their wives are always around the area so they have higher chances of bumping into me...Therefore, it would be a redundant question for them.

No comments: